Amavasya comes only once a month. This means that there are 12 Amavasya in the year. Major Amavasya: Somavati Amavasya, Bhaumavati Amavasya, Mouni Amavasya, Shani Amavasya, Hariyali Amavasya, Diwali Amavasya, Sarvapriti Amavasya etc. are the main Amavasya.
On the day of Amavasya, ghosts, ancestors, vampires, nocturnal creatures and demons are more active and unleashed. Special care should be taken knowing the nature of such a day. In Amavasya, the demonic souls are more active, then the influence of the diabolical tendency increases in humans as well, that is why the person’s mind-brain is diverted to religion in the important days of those days. If a person does not follow the rules of religion, then he has to face trouble.
- On this day, any type of vengeful things should not be consumed.
- On this day, alcohol should also be kept away from intoxication. It can have adverse effects not only on your body, but also on your future.
- On this day, negative thinking increases in the person. In such a situation, when negative powers take him under his influence, then one should keep chanting Hanumanji.
- On Amavasya day there is more impact on people who are very emotional. Therefore, such people should control their mind and should perform pooja etc.
- Fasting should be done on this day if possible. Knowledgeable people say that it is good to remain chaudas, amavasya and pratipada in the aforementioned 3 days.