Kolkata. Nobody knew the charisma that would happen in the historic day-night Test match between India and Bangladesh, starting with Pink Ball. A trio of Indian bowlers (Ishant Sharma, 5, Umesh Yadav 3, Mohammed Shami 2 wickets) piled Bangladesh’s innings to a modest score of 106 after lunch and India took 3 wickets till the end of day one. 174 runs were scored on the loss. Highlights of the match …
First day game over
India scored 174 runs at the loss of 3 wickets
Virat Kohli unbeaten on 59 and Ajikya Rahane 23
India lead by 68 runs in first innings, 7 wickets in hand
India’s third wicket fell, Pujara out
Hussain got Pujara (55) caught by Shadman Islam
India’s score 137/3 in 39.1 overs.
India’s score 111/2 after 31 overs
Pujara 41 and Virat Kohli unbeaten on 34 runs
26 overs of the day are yet to be played in the match
Flood lights were turned on long ago
Dew is likely to fall on Eden Gardens after 8 pm
India score 93/2 after 23 overs.
Cheteshwar Pujara 29 and Virat Kohli 28 not out
Second shock for India, Rohit Sharma out
India lost wickets in first over after tea time
Bolded by Rohit Hussain, who scored 21 runs.
India’s score 43/2 in 12.5 overs.
India scores 35/1 at tea time
12 overs have been played so far
Rohit Sharma 13 and Cheteshwar Pujara 7 not out
India’s first wicket fell
Mayank Agarwal became the victim of Al Amin for 14 runs.
Mayank scored a double century (243) in the first Test match.
India’s score 26/1 in 4.4 overs.
Bangladesh’s innings after lunch was bowled out for 106 runs in 30.3 overs.
Ishant Sharma the most successful bowler for India
Ishant took 5 wickets for 22 runs in 12 overs.
Umesh Yadav took 3 wickets at the cost of 29 runs in 7 overs.
Shami managed to take 2 wickets for 36 runs in 10.3 overs.
- Indian bowlers, performing brilliantly, removed six wickets of Bangladesh for 73 runs till lunch on the first day of the first day-night test.
At lunch, Naeem Hassan and Abu Zayed were at the crease who have not opened the account.
- Litton Das retired on the last ball of the first session with a score of 24.
- Bangladesh’s sixth wicket fell, Mahmudullah caught Isha off Saha.
- Bangladesh score 47/5 in 15 overs
Fast bowlers Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav spoiled the start of Bangladesh’s innings.
Mominul Haq, Mohammad Mithun and Mushfiqur Rahim returned to the pavilion without opening an account.
- Ishant Sharma gave the first blow to Bangladesh by dismissing Imrul Cass.
- Shadman Islam and Imrul Cass started Bangladesh’s innings.
- Bangladesh won the toss, deciding to bat first. Most of the audience has come wearing pink clothes and it seems as if there is no match but a fair.
Virat Kohli’s team stepped up to play the first Test of the day in the city of pink color, from politics to cricket galleries adorned with galleries, packed Eden Gardens, the overwhelming atmosphere of ‘Prince of Kolkata’ Sourav Ganguly He fulfilled the promise. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee rang the Eden Gardens bell before the toss.
However, the match was given a real color by the cricket fans of Kolkata, whose enthusiasm was on the seventh sky today.
- Both teams will play pink ball for the first time in Test cricket.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has also visited India to see this match.
9 out of the 11 day-night Test matches played so far have been won by the host teams.
- The first Test played in Indore was won by India by an innings and 130 runs.